Sunday, December 13, 2009

Accomplishments

This has been one of those weekends that I've felt like I didn't accomplish a single thing yet when I look back I see I managed much more than I thought.
 
The first was a new web page for byfaithonly.com something I've been meaning to do for months. Since writing for AC and playing/promoting on Twitter I tend to neglect the site. I do need to devote more of my time and effort there.
 
Two grand kids here for half the weekend - they helped Grandma make taco salad (their job was ripping up the lettuce - they had great fun doing the task). They built a fort under my desk out of blankets and pillows off the sofa. And grandson provided not only an idea for another story for Associated Content but even contributed to the story.
 
I published yet another article in the 'Christmas in ....' series which I almost didn't think I was going to manage with the Grand kids here but kicked it out after they left - for going the nap I really wanted.
 
The final accomplishment for the weekend was finally deciding what to do about Examiner.com For several months now have had people telling me (other writers) that I should write for them but have not been able to find my 'niche'. Not only did I find a topic I will enjoy writing but made the decision (goal) of writing ahead at least 15 articles on that topic. Once I apply to Examiner if they don't accept me I can always publish them on Associated Content so my efforts won't be wasted either way.
 
So, a weekend that I though was a total waste turned out to be very productive. Often things look different when we look at them from a different angle.

Peace and Joy,
Faith Draper aka byfaithonly
 
 
 

No comments: