Friday, February 02, 2007

#1 Son's Wedding Anniversary

Well, It's my oldest son's wedding anniversary. I know this should be a happy day for me but it isn't. Shawn, his wife, and their 3 children - 3 of my grandchildren, moved to Colorado two months ago.

It's hard to believe they've been married for five years now. I can remember the wedding as if it were yesterday. I'm not sure if it was the fact that this was my first born getting married, the first time I was to be the 'Mother of the Groom', or the simple fact that it seemed everything went wrong.

Opps, I guess I should know from experience that weddings never go the way you plan and every single one I've ever been involved in had problems attached.

So what will I do today? Sad memories, missing the family, and nothing particular to do. I know I'll pull out the old photo albums and remember the good days when the biggest problem was finding things to keep him occupied.

When was the last time you did that? I mean to pull out the old photographs and just remember the 'good ole days'. I think we should do that more often actually - there were good times and they shouldn't be forgotten.

No comments: