Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Over the last week I have been sharing daily 'Irish Blessings' on Twitter  Today, St. Patrick's Day, I want to share with you my favorite Irish Blessings - starting with an old Irish Prayer...

An Irish Prayer
May God give you...
For every storm, a rainbow,
For every tear, a smile,
For every care, a promise,
And a blessing in each trial.
For every problem life sends,
A faithful friend to share,
For every sigh, a sweet song,
And an answer for each prayer.

Irish blessing:
May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.


Irish blessing:
May you have love that never ends,
lots of money, and lots of friends.
Health be yours, whatever you do,
and may God send many blessings to you!

While I have never had the joy of visiting Ireland the home of many of my ancestors I do hope to some day and in the meantime dream of that visit through such photography book as these below. Yes, I do have a bit of the Irish in my blood - Ok, maybe more thank a 'bit'.

1 comment:

Network Marketing Mama said...

Just stopping by to say Happy St. Patty's Day! Following you via MBC, as well! Have a great night!