Saturday, September 26, 2009

Backups - DO THEM!

Had a horrid week here! Was in a 2 week training class for moving to new department at work (still on phones just different utility company) and my laptop crashed.
 
Yes, my harddrive died and guess who had not done a back-up in months. ME! Not only was without computer for several days but also had to spend $138 I didn't have and fear of not knowing what was going to happen to my 1000s of photos, research notes, articles, and stories I've written...
 
Moral of the story: Faith will be doing regular back-ups! The great folks at DigiLink in Jackson saved all my personal photos and documents but bookmarks and extra programs are all gone. When doing back-ups don't forget those little extras that you tend to take for granted daily - I'm lost without my 'favorites' folders.

Peace and Joy,
Faith Draper aka byfaithonly
 
 
 

No comments: