Monday, June 11, 2007

Moving Part 2

Well, of the millions of times I've moved I would say this move has been the most difficult and most unorganized.

As I had little warning of the move I didn't have time to do much but throw things in boxes and bags. I did attempt to lable some boxes but this was no help when thinks I need regularly were buried in a pile of 'un-needed' things. It's been over a week now and the best I have managed is to find a few changes of cloths, my shampoo and conditier have finally been located, and my bed is set-up.

When you move do you have a system? In the past I have and it worked quiet well. Labeling boxes with the room it goes into; such as kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, etc. and also including a brief list of what is in that particular box. A box for the kitchen might have a label 'Kitchen - pots & pans' or 'Kitchen - canned goods'.

Another tip is when the physical move happens YOU should be at the new location when items are brought in. This way before something is sat down you can direct the labor which room to place the box or item in. This saves a lot of time and energy for yourself when you start to unpack and set-up your new home.

Off to look for the rest of my cloths now - I have managed to get all of those bags in one central location but now need to open, unpack, sort, and refold or hang-up as needed.

No comments: