In the NIV the word "thanksgiving" is used 32 times... Below are the first 10! As children of God we have much to be thankful for and my prayers are that during the next few days in the US when most are celebrating "Thanksgiving Day" we will all remember the greatest thing we have to be thankful for.
Happy Thanksgiving to All - I am thankful for Our Father and You!
- Leviticus 7:13 Along with his fellowship offering of thanksgiving he is to present an offering with cakes of bread made with yeast.
- Leviticus 7:15 The meat of his fellowship offering of thanksgiving must be eaten on the day it is offered; he must leave none of it till morning.
- Ezra 3:11 With praise and thanksgiving they sang to the LORD : "He is good; his love to Israel endures forever." And all the people gave a great shout of praise to the LORD, because the foundation of the house of the LORD was laid.
- Nehemiah 11:17 Mattaniah son of Mica, the son of Zabdi, the son of Asaph, the director who led in thanksgiving and prayer; Bakbukiah, second among his associates; and Abda son of Shammua, the son of Galal, the son of Jeduthun.
- Nehemiah 12:8 The Levites were Jeshua, Binnui, Kadmiel, Sherebiah, Judah, and also Mattaniah, who, together with his associates, was in charge of the songs of thanksgiving.
- Nehemiah 12:24 And the leaders of the Levites were Hashabiah, Sherebiah, Jeshua son of Kadmiel, and their associates, who stood opposite them to give praise and thanksgiving, one section responding to the other, as prescribed by David the man of God.
- Nehemiah 12:27 [ Dedication of the Wall of Jerusalem ] At the dedication of the wall of Jerusalem, the Levites were sought out from where they lived and were brought to Jerusalem to celebrate joyfully the dedication with songs of thanksgiving and with the music of cymbals, harps and lyres.
- Nehemiah 12:46 For long ago, in the days of David and Asaph, there had been directors for the singers and for the songs of praise and thanksgiving to God.
- Psalm 42:4 These things I remember as I pour out my soul: how I used to go with the multitude, leading the procession to the house of God, with shouts of joy and thanksgiving among the festive throng.
- Psalm 69:30 I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.
May the Joy of The Lord fill your day,